Baird’s Tavern — Beautiful as Ever!

Posted by on Aug 30, 2013 in Warwick In History Minutes | 0 comments

“Warwick in History” – In the summer of 1910, invitations were issued to a centennial celebration at the Baird farm, just west of the Village of Warwick.  A special train ran from the village at noon and returned in the afternoon, letting the guests off at Baird’s crossing on the L&H.
 
 
Photo: "Warwick in History" - In the summer of 1910, invitations were issued to a centennial celebration at the Baird farm just west of the Village of Warwick.  A special train ran from the village at noon and returned in the afternoon, letting the guests off at Baird's crossing on the L&H.

The anniversary was in commemoration of the building of the stone farmhouse, which was probably completed in the year 1810.  However, the family has records indicating that the Bairds had owned the farm property for a number of years before that date, and it is still owned and worked by the William Baird family today.  The builder of the stone farmhouse was a son of Francis Baird, the builder of the Stone Tavern in the Village of Warwick.

The anniversary was in commemoration of the building of the stone farmhouse, which was probably completed in the year 1810. However, the family has records indicating that the Bairds had owned the farm property for a number of years before that date, and it is still owned and worked by the William Baird family today. The builder of the stone farmhouse was a son of Francis Baird, the builder of the Stone Tavern in the Village of Warwick.