Emergency Call to Action, 1932 – 1969

Posted by on Dec 3, 2013 in Warwick In History Minutes | 0 comments

“Warwick in History” – The State School Fire Company was started in December of 1932, with Gary Morton as Chief. At that time, there was no truck or company. 

In 1934, the school received a 1934 Ford chassis with a front mounted Sanford Pump. Mr. George Quackenbush was then appointed assistant chief and remained fire chief until 1958.

The purpose of the organization was to provide fire and emergency protection for the Warwick State School until help arrived from the Warwick Fire Department.

In 1969 the “George Quackenbush Engine Company” became part of the mutual aid system and as such, they have, on many occasions, served the neighboring units at times when their forces and equipment were needed at large fires and at times of emergency back-up duty.