Finnegan’s Corners Formally Dedicated – 1932

Posted by on Jul 24, 2013 in Warwick In History Minutes | 0 comments

“Warwick in History” – In July of 1932, the Pulaski Highway, the state road that connects Pine Island of Warwick Township with Finnegan’s Corners of Goshen Township, was formally dedicated. Extensive plans were made to make this a historic occasion in Orange County.

There was a gala parade and motorcade from Pine Island to Finnegan’s Corners. An unveiling of a marker was done by the Polish Consul. The road was named after General Casmir Pulaski, a Polish patriot. The Rev. Vincent J. Raith, the pastor of St. Joseph’s Church, Florida, was instrumental in instituting plans for this dedication.

(Taken from a July 1932 issue of THE WARWICK VALLEY DISPATCH.)