The Goodwill Band was organized at the rooms of the Goodwill Hook and Ladder Company on July 18, 1895. (more)

Posted by on Jul 18, 2013 in Warwick In History Minutes | 0 comments

“Warwick in History” – No historic sketch of the Queen Village would be complete without at least some little reference to its band. The Goodwill Band was organized at the rooms of the Goodwill Hook and Ladder Company on July 18, 1895. it seems to have taken the name from the Goodwill Hook and Ladder Company, but it was not the first band in the Town of Warwick. There had been others off and on, for more than 80 years before this date and there have been others since.

R. S. Hoyt was leader; E. M. Hogan, manager; Thomas Smith, secretary and treasurer. Other members were H. P. Smith, James B. Wood, Fred V. Wood, Frank C. Wilson, B. Lott, B. Pines, Joseph Osborne, Fred L. Smith, John D. Bradner, W. C. Eager, F. F. McLean, R. Randall, W. E. Arrington, and John M. Totten.

(From the DIRECTORY AND SOUVENIR BOOK OF WARWICK published in 1896)