Greenwood Lake A-Buzz with News in 1908!

Posted by on Oct 4, 2013 in Warwick In History Minutes | 0 comments

“Warwick in History” – The following was taken from the STORY OF GREENWOOD LAKE.

Greenwood Lake’s first newspaper was published in 1908. The BUZZER was founded by Ratie Marr and Annie Hazen, and operated for forty years. The home of the BUZZER was known as the Bureau, an office and store on the west shore.

Marr and Hazen also built the first amusement center, a large two-story building on the corner of Oak Street and Windermere Avenue. This was the gathering place for the young people and sometimes the scene of lively socials.

Another publication, a sort of Chamber of Commerce public listing, was the GREENWOOD LAKE EXCHANGE AND GENERAL INFORMATION BULLETIN, printed in 1922.