June, 1942, the Warwick Community Ambulance Service, Inc. was formed.

Posted by on Jun 5, 2013 in Warwick In History Minutes | 0 comments

“Warwick in History” – June, 1942, the Warwick Community Ambulance Service, Inc. was formed.

To man the service and equipment, 40 trained volunteers are on call 24 hours a day, everyday of the year, for emergency and transportation service. These men and women have been trained through American Red Cross standard and advanced first-aid courses, and kept up-to-date by review courses and training sessions. The training is supplemented by lectures given by local physicians. Several of the original members were still active after 25 years of service in 1976.

In 1963 a new ambulance building was dedicated to the memory of Dr. Harry C. Sayre, Sr., one of the founders of the Ambulance Corps. In addition to normal ambulance service, the corps provides sick-room fixtures and equipment.

Warwick Community Ambulance Services, Inc., is supported entirely by private contributions from a wide range of persons from within and without the area served.

The above was taken from a souvenir book published in 1967 by THE WARWICK VALLEY DISPATCH in honor of the centennial of the Village of Warwick and today was taken from the Society’s own Bicentennial Minutes from 1976.

Please check out the Warwick Community Ambulance Service website at http://www.warwickems.com/

Warwick Ambulance Service
www.warwickems.com