A Piece of History Focused on Secondary Education in Warwick

Posted by on Sep 6, 2013 in Warwick In History Minutes | 0 comments

“Warwick in History” – The Warwick Institute was organized in the 1850’s by a group of individuals to provide facilities for secondary education, and it charged tuition in the beginning.

On September 5, 1868 the Institute, with the building, furniture and other assets, was transferred to the Board of Education of Union Free School District No. 12 of the Town of Warwick; and papers were deposited with the County Clerk, to be filed according to law. This transfer was made to provide the academic portion of a free public education for Warwick youth in high school.

Twenty years later, in September of 1888, the Board of Education of Union Free School District No. 12, at a special meeting, moved and decided to have monthly report cards for all departments in the Warwick school district.

 
Photo: "Warwick in History" - The Warwick Institute was organized in the 1850's by a group of individuals to provide facilities for secondary education, and it charged tuition in the beginning.

On September 5, 1868 the Institute, with the building, furniture and other assets, was transferred to the Board of Education of Union Free School District No. 12 of the Town of Warwick; and papers were deposited with the County Clerk, to be filed according to law.  This transfer was made to provide the academic portion of a free public education for Warwick youth in high school.

Twenty years later, in September of 1888, the Board of Education of Union Free School District No. 12, at a special meeting, moved and decided to have monthly report cards for all departments in the Warwick school district.