Reformed Church of Warwick dedicated June 26, 1890

Posted by on Jun 27, 2013 in Warwick In History Minutes | 0 comments

“Warwick in History” – On June 26, 1890, the present Reformed Church of Warwick was dedicated. it cost $40,000, seats about 500 and is constructed of native fieldstone.

In 1770 the church acquired its present property when two acres were reserved as a burial ground for the use and benefit of the Presbyterian Church of Warwick. The first church was not completed until 1792. In 1812 and 1847 new buildings were constructed to take care of the growing congregation.

The 1847 church stood until the present one was begun, at which time the old church was moved down the street and became the Village Hall, still in use.

The Rev. Peter Crispell was the energetic and able young pastor when the present church was dedicated.