Rev. John S. Felczak — Long Remembered.

Posted by on Oct 7, 2013 in Warwick In History Minutes | 0 comments

“Warwick In History” – On October 7, 1933, the Rev. John S. Felczak was appointed pastor of St. Stanislaus Church in Pine Island.  He was ordained on June 11, 1927, and served parishes in the Bronx, Staten Island, and St. Joseph’s in Florida. While he was pastor in Pine Island he was appointed Domestic Prelate in 1958. Later at the request of  His Eminence, Msgr. John was named pastor of St. Adalbert’s parish in Staten Island.

During his 32 years in Pine Island, Fr. John became well-known throughout the area for his unlimited involvement in numerous activities. For instance, he holds the Silver Beaver, Silver Antelope and St. George Awards. He was an organizer of the Orange County Onion Harvest Festival and is a former Grand Marshall of the Pulaski Day Parade in New York City. His untiring efforts will long be remembered by the people of this area.