United American Methodist Episcopal Church Building Constructed in 1904 – Moved to Present Location in 2007

Posted by on Oct 28, 2013 in Warwick In History Minutes | 0 comments

“Warwick in History” – About 1904, the Warwick U.A.M.E Church was built. Money was obtained for the building of the church through contributions from people of the Village of Warwick, camp meeting and concerts.

The Bible was given by Mrs. Sarah Murray and the pulpit by Mr. & Mrs. Anthony Teabout. Special activities of the year included a Sunday school picnic, concerts and dinners. All members enjoyed good fellowship. The organist from 1941 to 1960 was Mr. John Logan. Today the church welcomes all to worship with them.

This was taken from the WARWICK CENTENNIAL BOOK in 1976.

Photo: "Warwick in History" - About 1904, the Warwick U.A.M.E Church was built.  Money was obtained for the building of the church through contributions from people of the Village of Warwick, camp meeting and concerts.

The Bible was given by Mrs. Sarah Murray and the pulpit by Mr. & Mrs. Anthony Teabout.  Special activities of the year included a Sunday school picnic, concerts and dinners.  All members enjoyed good fellowship.  The organist from 1941 to 1960 was Mr. John Logan.

Today the church welcomes all to worship with them.

This was taken from the WARWICK CENTENNIAL BOOK in 1976.

The photo below is of the original church being moved to it's present location at the Shingle House complex on Forester Avenue.

 
This photo is of the original church building being moved to it’s present location at the
Shingle House complex on Forester Avenue.