Warwick Library chartered in 1924

Posted by on Jul 2, 2013 in Warwick In History Minutes | 0 comments

“Warwick in History” – The Albert Wisner Memorial Library in Warwick, an association library and chartered in 1924 as a privately endowed library, became the Albert Wisner Public Library on July 1, 1974.

Charter day was celebrated by members of the community who visited the library for a ceremony presenting the new charter. Mrs. Patricia Schmotter was the new professional director.

The change was the result of an overwhelmingly large vote by the citizens of the school district to have a school district public library in October of 1973. They also voted for a budget of $38,000. A board of trustees of five members from the school district was elected.