Warwick Summer Chorale -1940

Posted by on Jun 18, 2013 in Warwick In History Minutes | 0 comments

“Warwick in History” – The first meeting of the Warwick Summer Chorale was held on this day in 1940. The warwick Women’s Chorale was founded by Mrs. Kate Fowler Chase, then a summer resident in Warwick and well known in musical circles, being a resident of the Liberty District of the national Federation of Music Clubs. Sixteen members sang in the first concert, which was for the benefit of the Girl Scouts. Admission was $.25.

Since then the Chorale has sung for many worthwhile groups in the community, the proceeds being given to these groups.

In 1948 the Summer Chorale and the Queen Village Glee Club presented a Candlelight Community Christmas Sing. In May of 1970 the first spring concert of the combined groups was given. They now present an annual concert.